The Central Kentucky Concert Band’s Summer Pop’s Series is coming this weekend! Enjoy two nights of great music in the great outdoors!
Admission is FREE!
Visit ckcb.org for more information.
This is the first year that my peonies have flowered since planting them 3 years ago. Even though the wait was agonizing, Peonies are my favorite flower and it was so much fun to watch the blooms grow. They smell great too!
I thought that these paper clutches from Hermés (they have a lovely website) were such a cute craft project– I had to try one!
image via Craftzine
The instructions are somewhat cryptic, but I was able to figure it out from the pictures. I think that this would be a great activity for a girls birthday or even an afternoon with friends.
Click HERE to go to the downloads page. Select the style that you like and click- I want it – to download the template.
Having just finished the very popular Hunger Games trilogy, I have been very intrigued by all of the food and fashion inspired by the books and movie. Here is a delicious cocktail inspired by The Hunger Games protagonist.
What you’ll need:
- 4 ounces jalapeno-infused Camarena Silver Tequila**
- 3 ounces fresh-squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- In a cocktail shaker, combine jalapeno-infused Camarena Silver Tequila, blood orange juice, lime juice and orange liqueur.
- Fill with ice, shake and strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a blood orange peel.
** Jalapeño Tequila
- Slice up a fresh jalapeno pepper and allow it to steep in one cup of Camarena Silver Tequila for two hours.
- Taste to check the heat level, and continue to steep if a stronger infusion is desired.
- Once the infusion process is complete, remove the slices by pouring the mixture through a mesh strainer.