For all of your holiday entertaining, this black cherry jello salad is a yummy and palette-friendly starter. It looks so pretty pre-plated on your table on a lettuce leaf.
image credit: dthoskins
Cherry-Lime Cola Salad
What you’ll need:
- 2 (16 oz) cans pitted dark sweet cherries in heavy syrup, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional-I usually leave this out)
- 1 (3 oz) package of black cherry flavored gelatin
- 1 (3 oz) package of lime flavored gelatin
- 1 (12 oz) can of cola-flavored carbonated beverage, chilled
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows (or more to cover the dish)
- Drain cherries, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to yield 2 cups; set aside.
- Halve cherries and place in bottom of a 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
- (optional) Sprinkle pecans over cherries
- In a medium bowl, combine black cherry and lime gelatin.
- In a small saucepan, bring cherry juice and water mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour over combined gelatins, stirring to dissolve.
- Add chilled cola and pour gelatin mixture over the cherries and pecans.
- Sprinkle evenly with marshmallows. Cover and chill for four hours (or until firm).
Who are you entertaining this holiday?