This is one of those great “crafts” for the non-crafters out there! It’s completely fool-proof and totally adorable. All of those reasons make it the perfect last minute holiday decoration. I displayed these in my bathrooms for a little kiss of Christmas for my holiday guests. They were so easy and so cute!
What you’ll need:
- epsom salt
- clean mason jar (or any similarly sized glass container)
- holiday ornament (I prefer the “Old World” ornaments for their colorful statement)
Step by step:
1. Fill mason jar 1/4 full with Epsom salt. This is the snow for your snow globe.
2. Place ornament into the jar. I twisted mine back and forth a few times to settle it into the salt to steady the ornament.
3. Tie raffia around the center of the jar to finish the look.
4. Cut the burlap to create a circular or square “mat” for your jar. I just eyeballed this step!
photos by dthoskins