photo by dthoskins
At my house, I’ve begun a gluten-free diet to try to clear up some health issues that were believed to be a result of gluten intolerance. After just a few days, I felt amazing! Now, over four months down the road, I am building quite the repertoire of delicious, easy, gluten-free recipes for my family to enjoy. This was one of our recent trials and it was a smashing success!
What you’ll need:
- 1.5 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (make sure that it is gluten-free cheese; we like Sargento’s)
- 4 chicken and apple sausage links (I used Johnsonville’s gluten free)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup of fat free or skim milk
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 bag of Ore-Ida shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
Step by Step:
1. Place hash browns in your slow cooker. Try to break up any frozen lumps.
2. Chop sausage into bite-sized chunks and dice the bell pepper.
3. Whisk the eggs and milk. Add the salt, pepper, diced green pepper and sausage into the whisked mixture.
4. Pour egg mixture over the hashbrowns in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours and serve warm. Serves 6-8.
We enjoyed our casserole with additional shredded cheese on top and a bit of salsa.
A yummy gluten-free dish that no one will complain about!