We all have our own beauty tricks and regimens that we swear by. Here are some of mine during the summer months:
1. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! During the summer months, we all dare to bare lots of skin and it is important to keep it smooth and fresh. My favorite products for exfoliation are made by LUSH. I am completely crazy for their Sugar Babe body scrub and their bubblegum scented lip scrub. It smells amazing!
2. Slather on the moisturizer. My go-to product for face and body is Cetaphil, which can be purchased at most grocery or drug stores. The lotion is unscented, so it doesn’t compete with your favorite perfume, and its non-greasy texture means you can apply it liberally and quickly.
3. Get or do your own pedicure at least once a month. Summer is the season of sandals and taking the time to get/do a quality pedicure will allow your feet to shine. Most pedicures where a top coat is applied will last for 3-4 weeks.
4. Put on your deodorant/anti-perspirant at bedtime. This will help you to avoid feeling sweaty on a hot summer night! You’ll be amazed at how fresh you feel in the morning—even without a morning shower.
5. A little bronzer goes a long way. Summer tans are what many of us want to achieve. Even if you are fair skinned (like me) and want to avoid the sun (like me) you can cheat the look by getting a fake tan. If I really want a nice summer glow, I get an airbrush tan. I think that airbrushed tans tend to look more natural because they apply the tanner more generously on areas that actually would receive more sun. Miles Salon and Spa does an excellent job of airbrushing!
Another great way to cheat the bronzed look is by using bronzer strategically. Remember that a very little bronzer goes a LONG way. This is a great video that shows you step by step how to apply bronzer.
6. Fight your frizz. You can check out my hearty endorsement of Moroccan Oil here.
7. Combat shine with blotting sheets. These ingenuous sheets soak up any excess oil on your face without smudging any makeup. I carry some in my purse during the summer months. These from Sephora also have a lovely lavender scent.
So, I’ve shared a few of my summer beauty “musts”—what are some of yours?