1. Choose the right shade of red. Pick a shade appropriate for your skin tone. Fair skin girls should look for reds with blue/violet understones, while those with darker skin can pull off reds that are more orange in tint.
2. A smooth canvas from which to start. Lips should be very moisturized before applying the lipstick. Darker lipsticks show any dry skin very easily.
3. Don’t overdo it. Be careful to follow your lips natural shape. Red lipstick makes your lips appear larger, so going outside your lip line can look clownish. Avoid lipliner if you can for the same reason.
4. Keep all other makeup very simple. I like to pair it with a rosy cheek and vanilla eyeshadow for a classic look.
5. Make sure that your lipstick handy for reapplication.
Great short movie featuring Kate Moss for Longchamp. Absolutely love the song:
Retailers forLongchamp in Lexington and Louisville:
L.V. Harkness & Co.
531 West Short Street
Lexington, Kentucky 40507
The Keeneland Shop
4201 Versailles Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40588
7900 Shelbyville Road
Louisville, Kentucky 40222
4938 Brownsboro Road
Lousiville, Kentcuky 40222
My personal favorite cupcakes. Babycakes! They are absolutely delicious!
This awesome local spot was recently featured as a top 5 cupcake of the south in Southern Living Magazine. My favorite flavors include: Creme Brulee, Butter pecan, lemon and bourbon. Insider tip: Call ahead and the owners will happily save you specific cupcake flavors from their daily menu to pick up later. Popular flavors like vanilla go quickly!
I recently dined for the first time at the Bombay Bar and Grill on the corner of Limestone and High Street. It was great! Delicious Indian cuisine, super hot and fresh Naan, friendly proprietors—what more can you ask for? If you’re a fan of Indian food give it a try!
I’m totally in love with this equestrian inspired look! A perfect outfit for a chilly April visit to Keeneland and a great way to bring back your white jeans.
You have to make it to Keeneland this month for the spring meet (April 8-29)! It is the perfect inexpensive outing—totally family friendly—and a perfect spot to enjoy a lovely spring day in Kentucky. Opening day is also College Scholarship Day, so any full-time college students receive free general admission and the chance to win one of ten $1,000 scholarships after each race.