photo by dthoskins
Hello, my name is Katherine and I have an addiction to Christmas.
How do I know this? Because when I tell people that…
- I was done Christmas shopping in July
- I began Christmas shopping for 2012 on December 26, 2011.
- I keep a detailed Christmas spreadsheet of what I spent on each gift vs. the actual retail value.
- In said spreadsheet binder, I have records of what I have given as gifts for the last 10 years (to avoid duplication).
- I already have my Christmas cards completed.
- I decorate my house the day after Halloween.
- I have an annual Christmas Open House, as soon as we get through Thanksgiving.
- I don’t use gift tags, I just wrap in coordinating papers to identify the receiver. (All of my husbands gifts are in penguin paper. All of my son’s in reindeer, etc.)
- I could keep adding to this list
…they look at me like I am crazy.
However, I do have a method to my madness. I actually enjoy the entire Christmas season because I am not trying to cram all of these
stressful delightful Christmas tasks into a couple of weeks. I can attend parties, holiday concerts, shop at the mall for fun without worrying about getting my Christmas cards out or finishing my holiday wrapping.
Want in on the crazy? Here is the fabulous Holiday Gift Organizer that I use each year. I am an avid list maker and so I love having a hardcopy to make notes on. For those that would prefer an online organizer, Gift Elephant is a great place to start.